Engineering Curriculum at Coronado High School: 2010 - 2014

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Skateboards?



I'm trying to guage the level of interest there would be in doing a project that was making/shaping a skateboard deck out of a glued up 7-ply skateboard blank with concave already pressed into it (similar to the picture above).

Materials would be in the $20 pricerange.

Please leave a comment on this post if this is something you'd be excited to work on!

***Update - Please comment if you would be interested regardless of cost***

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea, but im not interested in it enough to throw $20 in on it. Maybe we can get 2 different projects going, one half of the class can do skateboards and the other half something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like the idea of a hands on project though consistering speading 20 dollars on a skateboard is a bit much because I don't skate. Though I think I'd do it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the feedback from everyone, please keep it coming!

    Terry, you raise a great point about having another project to work on for students that didn't want to spend money on this. Please let me know if anything comes to mind. I'll be thinking on it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in all honesty, best idea i've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great project to work on. It would bring students together collectively and would be great fun. For the kids who already board it would get them more interested in this project. I don't think the cost should be a problem considering im pretty sure everyone can chip in 20$ for a fun project. And for the students that wouldn't want to work on this project an alternative assignment would work out well. Overall, I believe that this is a fun project that I would love to work on during classtime in my Into to Engineering class.

    ReplyDelete